Nitrogen Upgrade (Tertiary Treatment) & Expansion
Project Started May 2012 and is 100% complete as of November, 2017.
Projected Cost $106,000,000
Will increase permitted capacity from 20 million gallons/day to 35 million gallons/day. The average flows with secondary treatment capacity increased to 55 million gallons per day.
- Nitrogen Treatment Systems
- Two new Final Clarifiers
- New Fluidized Bed Incinerator - $21 million
- New Dewatering Equipment - centrifuges
- New Odor Control Systems - compact carbon canisters
- Increased Flow Capacity for Middletown
- Wet Weather Flow Treatment Systems
- Upgrades to a number of 1968 process treatment systems
- New Electrical Systems - $9 million
- Effluent Pumping Station
- A Garage, and Expansions to the Maintenance & Administration Buildings
With the increase in Flow Capacity, from 20 million gallons/day to 35 million gallons/day, The District will become the 3rd largest facility in the State.
- 16 Operations - 3 shifts/day 7 days/wk, 365 days/yr
- 9 Maintenance & 2 Laboratory
- 6 Management and Administration, and...
- will remain one of the most efficient facilities in the State.